Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Tuesday?

So, my poor neglected Blog...today is a day against my religious views. It is sunny, warm, and I am indoors.  I made it out for a walk and a coffee date with "the girls" and let me tell you, that is a full day with 2 boys.  Now to "attack" my house. Ugh!

Since the last post, things have changed drastically, and then, well, sort of went back....but we'll get to that.

I had an amazing 2 weeks at Mom's in the sunny Okanagan. It snowed a ton! a couple days after arriving, of course, so as you've read - out we went! And much of that continued for the rest of our stay. Quality playtime with my boys, turning them into happy little punkins that slept amazingly. It was really just what THEY needed. 

I had been having itty bitty text based conversations with my husband (I know, right?) each day just before bed. We didn't really talk about anything, other than the boys. And how he missed them..how it was too quiet...how he would put on Treehouse Saturday morning and no one came to cuddle beside him...then he missed me...it progressed a little more each day.

Then came Saturday. Saturday..sucked.  For the first time since March 2009 (just one night) Gavin's dad wanted to see him.  Now, I was advised to say no to him taking my son 4 hours away from me overnight and I was all for doing so. However, it is out of my control. He is entitled to do so, and me picking a fight about it, results in a big fail for me. I would have to move back to 'our' hometown and give up more custodial rights.  So off he went.  Now, the ex and I are only a little shy of really good friends, oddly enough, but something happend - he brought his fiancee to pick up MY baby.  Now I'm sure she's great and whatever and I'm not going down that road but I did find a nerve I didn't know I had before - jealousy? I'm not sure, but it bothered me that my son was being cared for by his real dad and some girl (yes, I can call her a girl).  And yes, that is hypocritical of me, I've been married a good long time now.  Anyhow, I decided to keep myself busy and go shopping for some desperately needed post pregnancy clothes. Bad idea.  How is it that my hips and legs are so small I need to buy little girl pants but my middle is so muffin-topped I'm up 2 sizes. It was not my day. And then, I felt like I was hit by a bus - the HAPPY bus. Mom and I were in a cute little Thai restaurant and I lost. my. mind. I was crying! All I wanted to do was get my son back and go home to my husband.  Damn did I miss him! Gavin returned to my Mom's place on Sunday night and Monday morning, Valentine's Day, we came home. 

We walked in the door and suprised Dad with Valentine's stuffies we bought along the way. All I could say to him was "shut up and let me talk".  After the boys went, wonderfully!, to bed, that is exactly what he did. We talked, we cried and I got my marriage back.  And you know, something had changed in him, he swore to never let me go anywhere alone again, especially grocery shopping. He realized what my average day is like and why I got to the way I was. He was so helpful and so affectionate and beyond what I had ever wanted and needed from him. It was a wonderful week. There's lots more since, but that is another story. 

7 comments:

  1. "We talked, we cried and I got my marriage back".

    LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news, I hope the next entry stays as positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! I, too, hope the next entry is just as happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Tuesday indeed! And let's hope every Tuesday to come is just as happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got tears in my eyes... SO happy to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful - keep talking it out.

    ReplyDelete